Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed to simulate 4G networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manasa123

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone..

I am a M.Tech student. I am doing my project work and I need to simulate the mobility management in 4G networks. can anyone please give me idea how to simulate. I am new to this simulation.

i am sorry for not understanding your meaning of simulation? as you are not clear of what you need to simulate... there are software like proton or OPNET to simulate the 4g wireless... but how are you going to do in MATLAB or NS2. if you want to use these software , i dont hink you can do anything with these tools, or your simulation is having a different meaning and what excatly do you want to simulate?
1. the power properties,
2. the data flow
3. communication establishment
4. communication between 2 entities

etc etc.... please tell what you mean by simulation?

---------- Post added at 17:53 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Did you read the pdf and link i sent you????
it clearly tells what is simulation.........

and by using which app i can simulate scheduling in LTE or LTE-A?
thank you

You can use OPNET for LTE. LTE - Advanced scheduling is still under development. But, most of the basic scheduling algorithms can be tested in OPNET 16.0

and by using which app i can simulate scheduling in LTE or LTE-A?
thank you

Hi, why you dont use OPNET for simulating Mobility in 4G. I got some interesting papers about mobility in WIMAX ( and assume for 3G/LTE too). Let me know, if you are using OPNET.

Hi everyone..

I am a M.Tech student. I am doing my project work and I need to simulate the mobility management in 4G networks. can anyone please give me idea how to simulate. I am new to this simulation.

ok, but where can I get the Opnet 16? we dont have it at school and probably never will

I know about that Uni. program and I have sent them a lot of e-mail but with no result. They don't offer Opnet for uni. in my country.

Oh! Sorry..I think it is offered only in North American Universities. That means, you dont have any other option to buy the simulator or use NS2 or MATLAB.

Try this : LTE module for ns-3 | Download LTE module for ns-3 software for free at SourceForge.net

or

**broken link removed**

Can you give me a brief overview of your work. I can tell you if you can use MATLAB based LTE simulator available here too: **broken link removed**

I know about that Uni. program and I have sent them a lot of e-mail but with no result. They don't offer Opnet for uni. in my country.

scheduling in LTE, but for my Diploma thesis I need to simulate the capacity of 3G network. Is it supported by any of those apps?
thx

Yes..3G network simulation is possible in both NS2 and OPNET.

Eurane is a UMTS model for NS2. and Free UMTS models are available in OPNET contributed models.

Regards,
Rakesh

scheduling in LTE, but for my Diploma thesis I need to simulate the capacity of 3G network. Is it supported by any of those apps?
thx

Hi, I want to know where i could find materials(tutorials, HOWTO) on how to test 4G mobillity in NS-3 software.
I am doing this in a project with the tittle 4g mobility and Ip providing.
Sorry for my bad english, currently I'm doing the best in learning this beautifull tool(English language:p).
Thanks in advance for any further replyes.

Hi Everyone,

Which tool can I use to simulate femtocells network in LTE ? I am doing a research on interference management in FemtoCells in LTE.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank You advance.

hello ... sir can we make this project on opnet????? and kindly give me another ideas about opnet ? because i want to make my fyp on opnet .

Hello every one .. I need opnet 16 for LTE voice over ip simulation for my graduation project
.. but of course I can't purchase the license and uni program doesn't replay to me.
Any one has a way to get that software?????????????
Advanced thank to u.

Status
Not open for further replies.