Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed! Read digital data without UART or Bus line

Status
Not open for further replies.

88sanz

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Currently I'm using a C8051F120 microcontroller to receive information from a demodulator via UART. However, now I'm required to recieve data in non-UART format (without start and stop bit).

Currently the demodulator doesn't support bus line. I would like to ask what are the recommended methods to read signals(square wave) from the demodulator and display on the computer? It could be direct connection from the demodulator to the computer without using the microcontroller.

Also If I were to use a bus line, how would the implementation be like?

hi

the start and stop bits can be found in almost all formats may be in different way. that improves the data integrity
if you don't want them just try to write a simple program that send/ receive.

ml

hi

the start and stop bits can be found in almost all formats may be in different way. that improves the data integrity
if you don't want them just try to write a simple program that send/ receive.

ml

Hi,

If i were to write a simple program that send/ receive.
1) How do i ensure the synchronization of the data in say 1200bps, having only one wire each for both send and receive?
2) How to ensure that the send and receive are full-duplex?
3) If possible, do you have any similar sample code? or guide me on what i would need to do.
Thanks for your help.

san

Status
Not open for further replies.