Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed patch antenna !

Status
Not open for further replies.
secondly mr shamim...i wana ask.. that is it alrite to put the feed location on the cordinates 0,15,0 ? i mean is it okay to put it that far away ?? i am getting a return loss of -26 at 1.76 ghZ.. but i cant find that is the patch impedance equal to 50 ohm.. coz when i go to create result>solution data and click on the z matri it shows 9.0157

Thanks

Added after 5 minutes:

got it !!! i changed the values of start and stop of infinite sphere ..the radiation pattern is comming now :D !!! what values did you put in them in the infinite sphere.???

Thanks for all the help.. just need help in one thing and thats the feed point ive mentioned above :)

alee_alee said:
i wana ask.. that is it alrite to put the feed location on the cordinates 0,15,0 ? i mean is it okay to put it that far away ?? i am getting a return loss of -26 at 1.76 ghZ.. but i cant find that is the patch impedance equal to 50 ohm.. coz when i go to create result>solution data and click on the z matri it shows 9.0157

Take a look at the smith chart representation of your S11 and put marker to know the impedance. If you have retrun loss -26 dB, the impedance can never be only 9 ohm. You should put the feed at the position where you get best matching.

what values did you put in them in the infinite sphere.???
phi: start 0, stop 90, step 90.
theta: start 0, stop 360, step 10

hi.. Mr.shamim can i have your email address please?? so that i can be in contact with you their ?? i still have some problems in the design :( .. like that one in the feed point and impedence matching ... it will be nice if you can help me out as you have done it so many times before :)

Thanks

hello mr shamim ... !! i hope you are doing good.. i just wanted to ask you a thing .. ive tried many locations for the input impedence ... and rite now am using X=0 Y=10.7 or (-10.7) result is the same

i just wanted to confirm the gain.. that is it alrite kindly have a look on the following figure :)
Regards

hi alee_alee

i am wondering how have you installed HFSS on windows vista machine?
can you please let me know which verision of HFSS u are using . also which version of windows vista is installed your system.
i will appreciate your answer as i am not able to install HFSS 11 on my windows vista home premium PC

regards

hii !! :) ive got vista home premium and version is 9 :) am looking for version 11 but couldnt found it :S ..!!!

this version is working almost fine on windows vista !
:) !

hi mr shamim..i hope you are doing fine ..just needed some more guidance ..the radiation patteren is comming perfect but the gain it shows is zero why is that ? can you please help me out again thanks !

Added after 16 minutes:

this the figure again !

I guess the gain is close to 0dB. How much did you expect?

hi mr shamim ... well i wasnt expecting this zero or close to zero ... my second strip antenna with a strip line feed is giving a gain of 8db around ..
well more the gain more directional it is rite ? so is this gain normal ?i was expecting a more :S .. kindly clear my concepts :|

thanks

hmm so mr shamim can you kindly help me out ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back