Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed -- Palm to server GPRS connection...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketaciturn

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody...I'm new here, and i'm happy to found this forum with so many helpful people and info..

Actually i'm having a question about connecting a palm to a pc server thru GPRS, but as i'm new to palm and fresh new to GPRS :oops:
I hope to get some help here..

I'm planning to connect the palm thru a GPRS enable handphone, while at the pc side, will be a GSM/GPRS modem or GPRS handphone. Both using IR port.

I've searching thru this forum and found some info regarding AT-command. But i've no idea of where to start? Can someone guide this lost little lamb.. :(

1) How to send AT-command from Palm to handphone via IR?
2) After established the GPRS connetion (Let's assume :p ), How to send data to pc server using tcp/ip or udp?
3) how to receive the info sent by palm at pc server side?

Actually i've more questions and i know i've so many more things to learn to get it done, but i'm willing to put my time into it and learn all these...Just hoping that some one can help me thru either by explain to me or link me to some useful info opr links...

thanks alot

Salam alikum,
Regarding your questions :

1) How to send AT-command from Palm to handphone via IR?
2) After established the GPRS connetion (Let's assume ), How to send data to pc server using tcp/ip or udp?
3) how to receive the info sent by palm at pc server side?

Answer :
1. The palm IR is IrDA , you will need an IrDa tranceiver use a one from microchip.

3. IrDa is bydirectional so don't worry the IC will handle everything !

mail me for more : Ahmed_abdel_hamid@hotmail.com

I think you can do data transfer also with AT commands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back