Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed on the design of inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapphire

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am designing the non-overlapping clock generation block now for sigma delta ADC. Since our sampling frequency is low (~1MHz) and our technology is fast(0.13um), it's kind of difficult to seperate the clock edges. One way to increase the delay is to use big capacitor on the signal path, but this increase area and current drawn(20uA more). I am thinking a way to reduce the dyamical current that inverter or delay cell can supply. I tried several approaches, but hasn't found a good one. Current-starved inverter needs bias network (10uA for this) and need careful design. Simply increasing channel length causes clock feedthrough and soon direct AC coupling. And some others...I need some help here. I'd like to know if you has any idea that I can borrow.

Thanks in advance

Sapphire

Simplest way for generating two phase non overlap as follows. Clock comes in on left and two outputs are non overlapped. Add/subtract invertors as delays to adjust time of non overlap.

93_1241009172.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back