Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed on Maxim DG417/8/9 family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waka

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi 2 U all first of all!

Well, let me explain the problem i've got uzing DG418.

FACTS: I cannot controll the power sequence for this CMOS unit!

Solution: as shown on MAXIM databook for DG41_ family it's easy to solve if you have a bipolar alimentation (eg: V- = -15Vcc , V+ = +15Vcc) as a matter of fact you need to add 2 small signal diode between Main supply(positive) in direction V+ and between V- and Main supply (negative) in direction Main supply(negative).

The Problem: in my case i've got a single supply, so V- should be connected to GND. But now, does the direction of the small signal diode sould have to be connected equally or what else?

Attached 1 IMAGE with 2 FLATTEN images.

In the Image, A & B Directions are OK?

Thank's to U all again.

Waka.

I think that it should work, the direction of diode is right.

Note that you are going to work near the minimum voltage at wich the IC works (10V), it becomes slower.

well, i think my maximum switching will be 8Khz maybe 12Khz no more!

Then, i also read on another product that is pin compatible with DG41x family, but it's just in SO, that if you use unipolar power supply for V+ and V- you do not need to use the B diode.

Note that BAT42 has Vd of 0.3V when Id 10mA but when lower Id is used Vd is lower too. The DG41x use throught V+ and V- channel 0.0001uA......

Hi 2 U all.

Waka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back