Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed - New to Motorola/Freescale MCUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

emax0198

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to Motorola/Freescale Microcontrollers and need to know the free assembler/compilers for these MCUs. I have some experience with PIC and MPLAB and serial programming. In the same way are there any free assemblers and compilers and programmers for these MCUs. I am even unable to find their instruction set!

Metrowerks ( www.metrowerks.com ) has some C-compilers for the Freescale MCUs. The free versions are code-size limited (e.g. HC(S)08: 16kB, that's a lot). Their Codewarrior IDE also include an assembler, afaik without restrictions and upload tools to feed the MCU's flash (usually via RS232, schematics in the datasheets).
Concerning the instruction set i'm sure it's available from the freescale web site, but it's a horrible site esp. for beginners when you don't know where to start from. But it delivers valuable infos & datasheets if you read a lot ....

Mik

I just need three things for HC908 or HC11

1) Instruction set because I am going to program in assembly
2) Free Assembler/linker for HC908/HC11
3) Free programmer to program HC908/HC11 that I can construct my self.

Please help if you can...

You can download the free version of the P&E Micro http://www.pemicro.com/ assembler compiler and programmer.

If you need some information to start by yourself you can go to **broken link removed**, or if you know spanish well, you can go to **broken link removed**, or http://www.geocities.com/issaiass/, there's a lot of information about these MCU's.

Anyway I'll submit a .rar file that includes the schematics for a programer for the JL3, but anyway it slightly change for other micros of the same family, read the "Advanced Information of 68HC908JK3 - Jl3r3" document (Chapter about MON) to make sense of how the programmer works, and also I have included the "M68HC08 CPU Reference Manual - Cpu08r2" that has the instruction set for this family of micros.

Have fun.

any design to load program to m68hc08. i find some programmer kids but they are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.