Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed, just a fir filter design question. DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

microelectronics

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. An analogue signal is give as follow :
x(t)=cos(2*pi*f_1 n⁄f_(s ) + pi)-1.5 cos(2*pi*f_(2 ) n⁄f_(s ) + pi⁄3)- 4cos(2*pi*f_(3 ) n⁄f_(s ) )
Where f_(3 )=4Khz ,f_2=2Khz and f_(1 )=1kHz;x(t) is a signal which is fed into a linear phase filter. The time-domain output signal is given as follow:
y(t)=3cos(2*pi*f_(1 ) n⁄f_(s ) + C1)+6 cos(2*pi*f_(3 ) n⁄f_(s ) + C3)
Where C1 and C3 are constants.
a) What type of filter is this e.g low pass filter or high pass filter or etc ?
b) Sketch an ideal case of this an 8-tap filter |H(k)| that could do the job as describe above.
c) Instead of an ideal filter, design an 16-tap linear phase FIR filter by using frequency sampling method with the sampling frequency of 16Khz.
Show calculations of h(n).

Hey guys , first i am not asking u all to do my homework , its just that i am stuck at this question. i have no clue how to do it.. if its okay with u guys , please show my some guidance to solving this problem. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.