Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed in programming 24c64 ic2 chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donragu

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I wonder if you can help you me out. I am looking to program at24c64 chips, to replace faulty ones on an automotive system. I currently use Batronix BX40 programmer, but unfortunately they do not have the adapter for the chip size i need. There seems to be different versions of the 24c64, but i'm after the 4.4 x 3 mm version, listed as TSSOP−8 Y SUFFIX CASE 948AL, in the date sheet.

Is there another way of writing to these chips, without using my batronix, or is there an adapter out there, that can be compatible with my batronix programmer?

I will also need to read data from a working chip, so that can be used to write.

Thank you for any information.

Hai....

The batronix programmer shows that it supports all the variants of AT24C64. I have attached the image please go through.

batronix.png

but i'm after the 4.4 x 3 mm version, listed as TSSOP−8 Y SUFFIX CASE 948AL, in the date sheet.

AT24c64 datasheet shows only one TSSOP package as follows

"8-lead, 0.170” Wide, Thin Shrink Small Outline Package (TSSOP)"

Did you meant this package? If so your batronix will support.

Is there another way of writing to these chips, without using my batronix, or is there an adapter out there, that can be compatible with my batronix programmer?

Yes you have few ways. I dont know about commercial products like batronix. But you can have your own programmer with a provision for 24c64 and a microcontroller. You can program the controller to read or write the specific data from/to the AT24C64.

All the best

Thanks

Absolutely, I regularly employ two methods, other than the method mentioned by karthikkrv85, one commercial the other Open Source.

The commercial method is by using a device marketed by Total Phase:

Total Phase Aardvark I2C/SPI Host Adapter

I personally own and use many of the Total Phase devices, their costumer support is excellent and unlike many other companies offering similar devices, their software updates are free and can be download by anyone from their website.

The Open Source method is by using a device known as the Bus Pirate:

Bus Pirate

The device is available at low cost from several distributors:

Sparkfun Bus Pirate

Or you can build your own from freely available plans and code available at the Dangerous Prototype Website.

For either method, you can either build your own ZIF adapter or simply program them in-circuit.

Adapters Dot Com may have a ZIF socket which will accommodate the TSSOP, if not they can certainly build you one.

Adapters.com

Digikey and Mouser also carry most of the available ZIF sockets, if you desire to DIY the adapter.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.