Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help needed for PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

E11022

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Design and Analysis of a PIC-Based PWM Speed Controller of a DC Motor using a DC-DC buck Converter .

This is the project i need to work on within 2 weeks time. Each of us got a different title.

I am confused now. Input = Buck converter, Output = DC motor

How to actually play with the buck converter to change the speed of controller?i know we need to adjust the voltage supplied to the Switch in Buck converter, so that voltage vary, PWM signal vary and speed of DC motor vary. But,
1) Can i use normal switch like trigger switch for Buck converter or must use MOSFET?
2) How to connect this 3 things together, the Buck converter, PWM signal and DC motor.
Input of switch goes to input of PIC, PWM controller in PIC being set(how to set and set what), output of PIC to DC motor

Please help me!!!

Thanks~

use proper titles that describes the content of your message, in the future your posts will deleted if you use meaningless titles [alexan_e]

Here is simple principle .....
only put it together

PIC_BUCK_Motor.jpg

just find out you replied my post. but i did not knew about it at all. Basically, now i am having Variable resistor as input to PIC and PWM output as output from. The PWM signal will fed into the IGBT of MOSFET and vary the speed of the DC motor.
But now i am facing a problem on setting up the BUCK CONVERTER Circuit. I don't know which Diode to use? Can anyone provide me a prototype details? i have the circuit for the buck converter but when i connect it accordingly, it just doesn't work.

This project is over. thanks everyone for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.