Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed for designing an impulse magnetizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

provision

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
impulse magnetizer design

hi i m designing a smal scale impulse magnetizer i have read some books about this magnetizing technique but they donot describe the details of the circuitry involved in this impulse magnetizer plz help me out if some one know about this thing.

I need to magnetize the magnetic ring of diameter 15.2 mm using an impulse magnetizer also known as capacitor discharge magnetizer, it uses a bank of capacitors that are charged upto a specific level and then discharged through a coil which is used for an electromagnet. I need to give 5 Amp current in the magnetizing coil to create a magnetizing field intenstiy of 8 kA/m and magnetic induction of 1 Tesla. i need to know the capacitor values and design equations about the design of capacitor discharge magnetizer.

can anyone help me out for this

Hello provision,
I don't know anything about pulse magnetizers, but if you can explain what you need, pulse shape, field intensities, voltage and current levels, is posible that somebody could help you.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.