Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed concerning jdm programmer .

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassenman

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm using the jdm programmer

connected at the serial port ,and i'm getting some problems.

the programmer seems to be working , and the programs are running nicely.

But !!

1) when programming , i get the error ,"verify failed at adress 000h", i searched on the net and people said that its a problem with power and voltage . i wanna know if i can change something in this circuit (using external power source or something) to get my programmer running properly.

2) when reading from the device (pic 16f84A) , i don't get the same file i tried to put into the pic !! (hexa representation). what does that mean , does ic-prog change the file when burning it into the device or whats going on ?

Regards.

Hi!
Search this board for "Winpic800" this is the best software to use with all types of programmers.Download it
In the hardware selection list of Winpic800 select JDM and then test the individual signals by toggling the respective pins. In this way check all the voltage levels at the various pins. If the voltage levels are ok then the programmer will definately work as i have been using it for the past one year with different types of hardwares.

if you still face problems then fee free to ask.
Regards.

Dear Hasseman,

First of All Check the serial cable that you are using. Some cables have only few pins connected to each other and the rest of the pins are kept unconnected.

I have faced similar problem before and I found that pin 2 was not connected.

If the cable is OK (all pins are connected) and you are still facing a problem, then you can try building the full version of the JDM programmer.

You can find it at this Link:

**broken link removed**

Regards.

thanks , but i build cables myself and i connected all pins , now do u think building the full version of jdm will solve the problem?
i'm trying to figure out how can i modify it to use an external power since i think that its a problem of power .

Dear hassenman,

I you want to build a new cirucuit, I have attached a new JDM (simpified one to program 18 Pin PIC microcontrollers).

If you want to continue using yours, I have modified it to have an external power (12Vdc). The new transistor can be BC547.
please note that it only requires little power at the 12V source.

Have a look at the attached schematics
Good luck,

Regards.

i tried all these schematics , and i'm getting the same mistake , "verify failed at adress 0000h "
its driving me crazy , the voltage in mclr is 12.5 , is it enough or should i make it 13 ??
i can't figure out the problem , i can program the pic but never read it ?
whats going on please ?

You need a 10k pull-down resistor to ensure LVP is disabled.

I found that info here at the bottom of the page:

h**p://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_jdm_expired.html

I just built the circuit described today on a breadboard and it worked the first time, using IC-Prog, with a PIC16F628.

Hope that helps.

help! i keep having error of verifying failed at 0000h. how do i check it??? can anyone of u give me step by step guidance.

programmer and PIC have no problems at all. i think something got to do with the ic prog settings. in this case i only enable pwrt on for pic 16f877a. the rest of it i unchecked them.

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.