Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed about saving the results of monte carlo analysis in a text file

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunmjman

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Cadence Virtuoso 6.1.3. i ran a single point monte carlo transient analysis for my design. I used the ocean script below to write the results into a text file

openResults("/home/analog/Sim/my_ckt_test/adexl/results/data/MonteCarlo.0/1/My_LIbrary:my_ckt_Test:1/psf" t)

selectResults('tran)
outputs()
for(tt 0 10
time=tt*0.000000244+0.00000018
fprintf(out "%f \n" value(VT("OUTPUT"),time))
)
close(out)

I am able to see the results in the result browser in "mc1_tran-montecarlo" and can plot it.
But I am not getting any results in the output file. In the output text file the values written are "srrWave:0xaae5320" etc.
Is there any problem with the script??
What should be the input of the function selectResults() for monte carlo analysis? I used 'tran. But is this the same for monte carlo analysis also???

fprintf(out "%f \n" value(VT("OUTPUT"),time))
I am able to see the results in the result browser in "mc1_tran-montecarlo" and can plot it.
But I am not getting any results in the output file. In the output text file the values written are "srrWave:0xaae5320" etc.
Is there any problem with the script??
What should be the input of the function selectResults() for monte carlo analysis? I used 'tran. But is this the same for monte carlo analysis also???

That is normal. when a simulation is a parametric or a montecarlo, value(VT("toto"), 0) is a curve (srWave). If you want the data of the curve plotted into a file, there is a function for that :
ocnPrint

So the following function should do the job :
ocnPrint(value(VT("OUTPUT"),time)) ?output strcat( pwd() "/tmp.txt") ?format "engineering")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back