Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help needed about Nanotime

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhaval4987

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I find a little problem. I am learning Nanotime and trying to run small combinational circuits for exercise. I got almost through all the steps but when

I do check_design after matching topologies and checking topologies, I get an error saying- found no transistor models.

however I read model files successfully and in earlier stages- it identifies the transistors and components.

solved! The Spice description was for another models and the provided model was another technology so showed a conflict!

One more question... I want to perform STA on combinational circuits. I am able to link and check design without error. but when I trace paths, it shows no results. doesnt show error as well. I guess it is because i have not defined any gates as clocked gates. neither do i have timing constraints... is it correct?

Since it is a combinational circuit, i do not need clocks in my design. all i wish to find it- the critical paths. I do not understand how to do it...

---------- Post added 20-04-11 at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was 19-04-11 at 23:26 ----------

Solved! Actually it was a HUGE BIG circuit and i defined all ports by assigning input or output to them but i missed out one input port!

Also- I didnt define clock separately (for some reason i assumed that nanotime is smart enough to generate and propagate clocks through all ports!)

Now it works! perfectly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back