Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help neede for ARM C programming...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanushri

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arm programming

I've a Olimex SAM9-L9260 board...I've successfully interfaced it with the host (running ubuntu) and installed the gnu-gcc toolchain. The cross compilation is working fine and so are the programs on the target board (sent through ethernet). The board runs on the kernel 2.6 provided by Olimex. its a debian based disto. I wish write a program to interface a temp sensor to the board's adc and send the data through ethernet to host. i need to know where can i start this kind of c programming. what headers need to be inluded, what names are assigned to GPIO's in ARM...in short how to go about C programming in ARM?

arm c programming

Hi
It seems the Linux kernel 2.6 is already ported to your board. You may interface a ADC or DAC through SPI. If this is the case you need to learn Linux Device Driver.

arm7 programming tutorial

thanks for helping...i've asked an expert in my institute for help too. he too recommended device drivers . how can i start learning about linux device drivers? i'm not getting the actual idea of how the development flow is carried out...i'd appreciate of some useful links are provided which include actual implementations for projects involving linux and arm9

Status
Not open for further replies.