Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me write a function generator program in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
function generator

Hi all,
I wonder is there any body who could help me, I am currently trying to write a VB programme that acts as a function generator that I can use to select a voltage, press a button to get either a square, sine wave etc and be able to adjust the frequency settings by a scroll bar.
thanks,
shane.

Re: function generator

I think this is not the apropriate section for this topic but...

You can find complete software with source code in VB here:

https://www.dazyweblabs.com/shannonsoft/page3.html

I tried some of that stuff and the guy did a good job on various aspects of test software like frequency counters and audio spectrum analyzer.

As for function generators you have a choice of two different ones:

1. SG One
11K-192K Samplerate, 1 Hz - 96000 Hz Osc range with User adj levels, phase per channel. Frequency/level/Phase sweeps. Dirac Pulse, AM, FM, DSB generation. 200 item User Playlist for previously saved waveform files. 100 Frequency max multitone sigs. Warble tones and sweeps. Mini remote operation. 10 memories savable to disk.

and

2. SG-2102a
Up to 24 bit 96K sinewave generation stereo L / R / L+R / L-R. 10-48 kHz with Burst Sine, Square, Triangle, Noise, Sweeps from 1 to 20000 Hz, Sawtooth, Pulse trains, Sine plus Noise, DTMF tones, warble sweeps.

I tried both of them and they work fine with 24bit/96kHz soundcards (they should work on older cards also).

Status
Not open for further replies.