Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with the basics to build a simple robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhita_10

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simple robot

hi
i m learning to build a robot.
can anyone help me with the basics..
wat to do?????

simple robot topic

there are lots af robotics books on edaboard make a search

a simple robot

nikhita_10 said:
hi,i m learning to build a robot. can anyone help me with the basics..wat to do?????
When you say you are learning to build a robot, you have plenty of robotic projects, articles and DIY's all over the web. Google with the required keywords. Cheers.

build simple robot

you need to know about:
- DC, servo and stepper motors how they work.
- H bridge circuit and its uses with DC and stepper motor.
- speed control using PWM.
- microcntroller programming and interfacing, i recommend for you PIC microcontrollers, easy to learn, much resources available and support anywhere.
- sensing techniques like line tracking and ultrasonic, also microswitches and obstacles detection.
- sure basics like transistors and relays.
- learn about some mechanical design issues like gearing, belts, levers, i recommend for you chapter 5 "mechanical systems" from a "modern control technology" by kilian.

Good luck :)

steps to make a simple robot

Any you have to be ready to spend some years to learn all that elrayes has mentioned.

how to build a simple robot

-DC, servo and stepper motors how they work: 1 day
- H bridge circuit and its uses with DC and stepper motor & speed control using PWM : 1 day.
- microcntroller programming and interfacing: 7 days
- sensing techniques: from 1 to 3 weeks
-----------Total: 1+1+7+ 7 or 21 =16 to 30 days max.
i think 30 for a student isn't a big deal but it depends on the documents you will start from, take care of choosing such material.

good luck

Re: simple robot

elrayes said:
i think 30 for a student isn't a big deal
Optimistic prediction!:D
elrayes said:
but it depends on the documents you will start
I agree completely with you! More proper literature is welcomed in this field as in any others.

Status
Not open for further replies.