Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with resistor calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

murali4757

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to use only 2 resistors.
I have variable source 0 to 400volts dc.(input)
i required 80vdc.(output).

pls tell me the answer,which resistors are used,and wattage

Re: Resistor calculation

please specify the output current and what you want to do with the output, you also say that the input voltage is 0..400 , if you use a resistive divider(2 resistors in series) you will always have a steady input/output division ratio (2/1 3/1 10/1 etc).
You will also have a voltage drop of 320v , if you multiply this with the current you need you get the watts but even with 10ma you will have 3 watts.
You probably need some kind of active circuit.

Alex

Enter the values your self and just press "Calculate" find the values yourself on this page.
**broken link removed**
But the current required is more critical before you calculate the divider network. When you say you need to use only two resistors, i presume you know what current you'll get.
Cheers

what is the output current?...you need to know it first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back