Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with plotting in IE3D 9.33

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstripman

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Iam using IE3D v 9.33. In this, for plotting the graph there is no provision to use line with different styles, like marked, dashed and so on. I have to plot Smith Chart and radiation pattern in black and white showing comparison for several cases, for which I will need to use lines with different styles. Can anyone suggest any method of doing it. It wud be gr8 help.

Sincerely
mstripman

Re: Plotting in IE3D

Hi, mstripman:

Thank you for your posting. On the display, we did have implemented lines of different styles internally. However, we did not put the control in the graph. We will enable it so that users can pick different styles for it. Thank you for the comment.

Regards.

import the touchstone file (sp) into MATLAB, and then you can plot the data as you want.

BTW, if you your MATLAB has RF toolbox, change the name of the "sp" file to "s1p", and then you can use the toolbox to do any other RF calculation, and plot them in the build-in smithchart in MATLAB.

well jian thanks for paying attention to my suggestion.

hey jay thanks for help. but i dun have rf toolbox??? is it free and downloadable??? do u know of any other software???

thanks
mstripman

MATLAB RF TOOLBOX:

https://www.mathworks.com/products/rftoolbox/

Other wise, you can try to make the smithchart by yourself in MATLAB. MATLAB is a powerful software to deal with plotting, and I think every university computer labs have it.

In fact, I have tried import the IE3D 2D radiation pattern into MATLAB, and plots it with polar chart for clearly display.

Hi, Mstripman: I talked to our engineer on the plotting. They indicated to me that the users can change the line and marker's styles and colors. It is the icon like a pen below the Graph Properties. By default, it is grayed out. You can select a line. Then, the icon will be high-lighted. You can go into it to change the lines and legend colors. I do notice that you can not change to dash lines. I have requested the engineer to implement the line style options for solid, dash etc. to it. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back