Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with planar coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedrag

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Help me with AC current in planar coil

Would anyone like to help me with a simple guide of how to simulate the magnetic field of planar microcoil?

So sorry that I have just learnt to use CST but I havent figured out how to inject an alternating current into the coil.
I did create the planar coil, but I didnt know the use of waveguide and discrete ports. Can they use to simulate the AC current with the given frequency?
Which type of solvers can I use to explore the surrounding magnetic field?
Please help me! Thanks a lot!

You'd better to use Momentum or equivalent planar EM simulator instead of CST.
Simple to learn, more accurate for planar structures, straightforward...

Thank you so much, I will definitely try that software you suggested.
However, I should manage this problem with CST which was assigned for my research.
Then may you help me some ways to simulate that coil?

Thank you so much, I will definitely try that software you suggested.
However, I should manage this problem with CST which was assigned for my research.
Then may you help me some ways to simulate that coil?
You can also use CST for planar structures but it is not convenient to simulate pure planar structures in 3D EM simulators.
Because calculation method of 3D simulators are generally FDTD dedicated to 3D subjects that's why application of a planar structure will bring some difficulties as well as inaccuracies.
You should learn how to simulate a planar structure in Momentum/Sonnet by yourself because if I help you, you will learn less..

I will try that software. Thank you so much for your help :)

Re: Help me with AC current in planar coil

but I havent figured out how to inject an alternating current into the coil.

CST and all the other "high frequency" EM simulators are designed for "AC" excitation. Just place the port (in your case lumped port) and simulate at the frequencies of interest.

I forgot to consider the lumped port. Thank you for that. I think I need to try some more simulators :smile:

I forgot to consider the lumped port.

I don't know what the exact name in CST is, lumped port or maybe discrete port. What you need is a port defined between two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back