Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with op-amp configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizpic

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
op-amp help

Hi everybody

I need some hlep I'm palying around at the moement with a LM35 temp sensor which gives out a 10mv/°C reading so at 55°C the output would be 550mv and when it goes below 0°C the output voltage revesres so at -55°C the output would be -550mv,
I want to be able to feed this into an op-amp and start of with 2.5V which would be 0°C and the temp raises to 55°C the output from the op-amp would increase to 5V and then when the temp sensor went below 0°C the output from the op-amp would decrease from 2.5V to 0V and i want to be able to feed this into a pic to show reading's on the lcd the software side of things is not a problem really it's just how to congfigue the op-amp if it can be doen that way or would there be an alternative method, I did considor the DS1820 but not 100% sure if this will give teh correct reuslts been in the air i thought that the DS1820 was contact realted

any help or advise i would be gratefull

cheers

wizpic

op-amp help

The LM60 is a similar IC but works off a single supply rail. Could you just power the sensor off a single rail, then you wouldnt have the negative swing to worry about?

op-amp help

the lm35 does work of a single supply but produces a - voltage for 0c and below

cheers wizpic

Re: op-amp help

you could use a dual-op.
one work as a scale amplifier, one work as a summing amplifier.

----===----|\
| \
| \_____==____|\
| / | | \
|/ | | \________output
|| | /
|| |/
|
|
offset

Status
Not open for further replies.