Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with designing PCI based DAQ card for PC communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan85

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pci related question

Hi everyone!

I am developing the PCI based DAQ card and i have read the specifications, now i have two options, (1) to make the card as PCi master and (2) to develop the card as PCI target.

Where should i start from and waht should i select.

please guide me a little bit about either of option too as it is my final year project.

Regards,
Shan
syedshan85@gmail.com

pci related question

I don't think you give us enough detail to make useful comments. But I guess PCI-based DAQ card means you're making a PCI card that will plug into a PC for data acquisition? If so, it will probably need to be a target not a master. Right? The PC motherboard will be the master I would assume. Maybe if you give more details you can get more help.

Re: pci related question

Yes the design i am making is the same you guessed. Its a PCI based data transmission. to and from the computer.
I am designing it on VHDL language and using pci version 2.1.

if its pci target then what would the accesing method from the computer...?

Thanks,
Regards,
Shan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back