Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with designing MOSFET- bridge for Toshiba TB6575FNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beffo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Driver MOSFET's

HELP! What MOSFET to use???

I'm designing the MOSFET- bridge for Toshiba TB6575FNG **broken link removed**

Do I need to use both N-channel and P-channel MOSFET's?
Is there some kind of IC with the whole bridge "ready for use"?

Re: Driver MOSFET's

looks like you can configure the IC with the OS pin (pin #3) on page 3, to take either all n-type or p-type for high-side and n-type for the lowside. Even though they say n-channel and p-channel on the first page, the application circuit has bipolars -- very confusing. I think maybe it is just a Japanese symbol issue .

Driver MOSFET's

as far as chip supplied current is enough you can use bjt or darlington or... The question is there motor which eat up to 20mA * beta of tranzistor?

Artem,
don't you think the usage of "n-channel" and "p-channel" is misleading on page 1 of the datasheet? When the word "channel" is mentioned, I would immediately think about a FET (field-effect transistor) of some kind.

If n-channel MOSFET were to be used I would expect the integrated circuit to have a charge pump inside to drive the n-channel MOSFETs on the high-side.

Best regards,
v_c

Driver MOSFET's

It is conventional to use mosfets , but igbt's as well . So if chip outputs, timing and load current are suitable for particular driver we can put whatever we can fit into requirements. For MOSFET there is Vgs does matter for bjt - Ib , so lets give a current via resistor and bjt will be happy to switch as long as motor current is less than mentioned above ?

I could not find a mistake from example aplication - except base resistor values where not mentioned - for bjt these are critical.

Am i wrong ?

Added after 3 minutes:

i dont assume that whatever is put into documenst is rule of must of course if one condition is met - design adaptation shold follow physical and logical sense. May be i dont have such .)

Yes, base resistors are very important for a BJT drive.
This IC would not be my first choice for a drive. I would suggest looking at the Infineon web site. I know that they have H-bridge and H-bridge drive for single phase stuff -- I have not used their three-phase stuff but I am sure it is there.

https://www.infineon.com

Driver MOSFET's

to be honest i never used them )).

Thanks!
Probably the bjt in schematic is just a symbol issue.

And of course I could use the OS pin, just didn't se it. :)

I've had a hard time finding three-phase bridge drivers, but the infineon seems interesting...

v_c:
"This IC would not be my first choice for a drive"
why not?

My reason to use this ic is that it has an analog input, it can handle sensorless BLDC's, and I will use it in a hot or cold environment, like a truck.

I think it looks quiet simple, but it probably needs a lot of trial and error to determining the correct values for components and startup-cykle etc.

What do you think?
Regards
Beffo

i suggest u to change the MOSFET to IGBT since the MOSFET is unstable and it will always accidentally to be conducting in unwanted condition and this will result in short circuit in H bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.