Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with code for serial communication using UART in RFID project

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratish

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey freinds i m doing project on RFID(Radio Frequency Identification).
I m using AT89c51/52/S52 uC.
I m using RS-232 fror serial communication, he problem i m facing is that i m not able to write the code for serial communication using UART.
Let me explain my project...
There is one transmitter who transmits signal continuously to the receiver containing the microcontroller. There is some range out of which the receiver could no able to catch the signal (RF) transmitted by transmitter.
At that time i want to send one message to the computer telling that "The transmitter is out of Range", and want to make the buzzer sound which is attached to the P2_1(Port @ PIn1).
And when the transmitter is in range i want to send one message to the computer telling that "The transmitter is in Range", and want to glow the LED attached to P1_o.
PLz help me out frndz.

Added after 5 minutes:

i have pasted the microcontroller part of the circuit.

Let me explain what i exactly want

i am taking an interrupt from a tag.Then on interrupt the microcontroller will ON 1 LED and then transmit a signal to the computer through the TXD pin..if there is no interrupt then the 2nd led will glow and the buzzer will buzz...now i am not gettin how to use an interrupt-- Syntaxwise . And that how to use TXD of the chip to transmit a high signal to the computer...
FOLKS please help me with the code part to produce such functionality.
eagerly waiting for a reply as my exams and project presentations have come up...
i am using the microcontroller AT89S52/AT89C51/AT89C51

This is the circuit diagram of my receiver section containing microcontroller.

36_1171563915.JPG

RFID Project

hey man:
there are some confusions. first of all how you are catering for the frequencies of the trasmitter.
regarding your interrupt from the tag which you want to communicate to the computer. why dont you use the serial communication. like if there is some interrupt from the tag, using the serial communication you let the computer know that there is an interrupt. this will only require to write a single routine.
thanks. waiting for your reply. well iam not clear about how the RFID tags work. but i think thats how your approach should be for the interrupt.

Re: RFID Project

thanks friend...
I m goin to do this using UART.
But i dont know how to manipulate the internal registers of AT89c51.
If u can send me some pseudo code, then it will help me alot in understanding.
Thnaks once again.
If u still dint get it right , then let me know, i will try to elaborate the things more clearly.
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back