Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with changing power cable head

Status
Not open for further replies.

namit

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this but want to change the head.

From this
**broken link removed**
to this but not sure where to connect the silver cable or where the white cable goes? and what side of it.
**broken link removed**
+ syblem on the side there one is fatter than the other

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Change power head

You need a voltmeter to determine which wire of the pigtail is "+" and which is "-". Then you need to look on the case of the equipment that the new jack fits into and determine whether the outside shell is supposed to be "+" or "-".

Use the ohmeter function to determine which pin of your new connector is the shell and you have all the info you need.

Note, the new plug has two pins on the back because it was meant to plug into a matching receptacle that allowed you to plug in the connector two different ways. This allows the user to hookup the pigtail wires in either order and then just reverse the plug if the order is wrong.

Change power head

i ended up just striping back the head because solder would not attach to the pins. and just attched the solver to the outside and the white cable to the center pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back