Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with building digital speedometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

navveed

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multi help

hi world!

i am biulding a digital speed0meter where the pulses from the sensor will be detected and counteed by the counter. the number of pulses will then be multiplied to a constant number to convert it into the unit of speed and finally diplayed using 7-seg. well the question is how to do this multiplication that is pulses per sec * const. someone suggested me that there is a microprcosesr that does the arthematics if anyone knows any idea of this microprocessor please do reply or if you have any good suggestion.

Re: multi help

hai
you can use almost all micro controllers.you have to set a timer
and make the counter on
check the counter after the time delay
and calculate
you have to calibrate the value anyawy.ehich is according to the sensor you are using
if you can provide more details,we may be able to help you more

sunish

multi help

don't multiply, just add the const amount for each pulse. it will add a few instruction per pulse but then the count will be directly usable as the speed. no multiplication needed.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.