Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with a Max232 to Max485 protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

member_tdh

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

Now, I having a problem with the protocol RS232 to RS485. I posted my schematic and could any body help me check it?

follow this circuit, when I brake pin 9 (MAX232) and connect to VCC or GND, transmit and receive was OK. But I keep intact this pin's connect, I couldn't transmit or receive...:?:

Please help me!

My project was designed: PC (master) <--> AVR (slaver1) <--> AVR (slaver2) throught MAX485.

in the VB6's code: I cann't control the RTS pin.

max485 avr

The key factor in the successfull RS232-to-RS485 conversion is in the correct switching between transmission and reception ..
If you can't use RTS signal to control the DE-/RE pins than the whole idea of using MAX232 and MAX485 (including option with MOSFET transistor) won't work ..

Here is another (working!!!) option:

Take a look at it and if you have further questions - come back ..

Regards,
IanP

max485 schematic

Hi! :D

Last night, I was check my circuit successfull! both of transmited and received are ok!

I post my shematic below: cut pin 9 (max232), connect to both pins 2,3 (max485) to pin 13 (max232) throught a resister 1k, diode zerne 5v2. Its's OK!

max232 max485

i think this can help u.
**broken link removed**
u can use smd components.

Best regard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back