Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with 8051 project on security system

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomm12

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys.

this is the project i want to do.

using an 8051 i want to build a system where when u want to enter, u press a "start" button. then, the the system displays on the lcd asking you to enter your password/code, and after you code is verified, the next step is to use a "barcode" that was given to u. the system scans it and access is granted to you, and the door/workstation/whatever opens for you. i also want to do something like a "voice recognition system" WITH the password + barcode system for ADDED security. you can choose the "security mode". either you choose password+barcode or you choose password+voice recognition.

I mentioned this to my friend and he said it was impossible for me to do at this level. but i want to go ahead and try my best no matter what. even if i fail, i will learn a lot, i hope.

any ideas/opinions on this? what kind of a cost im looking at here? does it really cost A LOT to do a "voice recognition system" project? is it REALLY hard and do i need to know VERY advanced C/assembly language to do this?

thanks. i would really appreciate any help/suggestions.

8051project

hello,

i'm curious, do you plan to embed the voice recognition into the controller or use a different system and communicate with controller using some interface? if i may ask, what interface will you use?
why don't you use other biometrics (fingerprint, face, etc) rather than voice?

mcs51 project

you can use 8051 for this and for other application like voice recognition you can use other module.

telecomm12

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
8051 project ideas

dika said:
hello,

i'm curious, do you plan to embed the voice recognition into the controller or use a different system and communicate with controller using some interface? if i may ask, what interface will you use?
why don't you use other biometrics (fingerprint, face, etc) rather than voice?

yes. i plan to use a different system for voice recognition and interface it with the 8051. thanks for the ideas, i didnt think of it. now i plan to add all these features in my project u suggested. the more i do, the more i learn. :D

can i use the dsPIC for the biometrics? because i was also encouraged to use dsPIC... can smebody give me hints on that?? im gonna start learning the C language starting this comin sunday

edited for spellings

some 8051 project

what's dsPIC? is it some dallas manufactured PIC?
i'd like to help, i've build a finger print system using 8051 and C, but not PIC.

telecomm12

8255-8051project

dsPIC is a new microcontroller introduced by Microchip.

u should check out the www.microchip.com for more details.

=====

guys im having trouble getting all the components needed for my project. any ideas regarding this? can somebody provide me with any websites where i can order these things?
i have tried the stores but no luck. i went to future shop but the sales guy was clueless.

please help cuz i need to to have all the components so i can start putting things together.

thanks.

8051project ideas

I don't really know any stores to order components from, but I did interface a 2 line - 8 character LCD to an 8051 controller using an 8255 I/O interface (I was using external memory so I didn't have much ports left)

I remember that I found the conection and the interfacing program written in one of those books I had. I'll check it's name and get back to you.
Feel free to ask me, or pm me if you want.

Salam for now.

telecomm12

fingerprint 8051 project

could you mention in detail on your project?post it if necessary...
coz i'm still lost on the moon :D

telecomm12

Re: my 8051 project.

hey guys, i also wanna make a device which take human voice as an input and do what is commanded, for example if i say "Light ON" then one specified light is ON and when i say "Light OFF" then that light goes OFF. i searched in net also they recommend to use some other speech recognition ICs but they are not found here so i want to make that device using 8051, could any one help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the concept of smart home where the devices follow the instructions given by human. Just refer that concept too. It may help you some way.
Anyway all the best for your work...
Regards,
Jerin. ;-)

Re: 8255-8051project

guys im having trouble getting all the components needed for my project. any ideas regarding this? can somebody provide me with any websites where i can order these things?
i have tried the stores but no luck. i went to future shop but the sales guy was clueless.

please help cuz i need to to have all the components so i can start putting things together.

thanks.

Hi,
you can use these distributors:

1)US - Electronic Components Distributor | Newark.com
2) Farnell / Electronic Component Distributors / Suppliers / Electronics, Electrical Parts, Electrical Components and Wholesale Electronics.
3) DigiKey Corp. | Electronic Components Distributor | United States Home Page
4)**broken link removed**

There are many other electronic component distributors,but these are the distributors that i usually use.

Good Luck!

hey guys, i also wanna make a device which take human voice as an input and do what is commanded, for example if i say "Light ON" then one specified light is ON and when i say "Light OFF" then that light goes OFF. i searched in net also they recommend to use some other speech recognition ICs but they are not found here so i want to make that device using 8051, could any one help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Use HM2007 for that project

Status
Not open for further replies.