Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me understand DDR timing

Status
Not open for further replies.

buenos

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1. sometimes the dram vendors, processor vendors specify the AC timing parameters with different names.

2. The Jedec specified lots of timing parameters, (about 30). is there a good paper where someone explains ALL of them? Not just a sentence, but full explanation. The papers what I found, they describe a few. 10% max. I have no idea about what do the rest mean.

3. The timing calculations are done in a totally different way on application notes from different companies. they use and miss different parameter-sets. (I checked: Micron, AMD, Freescale papers). Some of them use some jedec parameters, but not the others... I have a feeling that all of them have at least 60% error, so they dont make any sense.

how to find the way in this jungle?
(I was talking about mostly byte-lane timing, not the cas latencies and similar things...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back