Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help me understand Assembly programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

gccute

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am a newbie in mocrocontroller programing.... Iam having problem in understanding the assembly language so kindly help me

1) what should b the aproach in understanding assembly??
2) is it used now a days???

Re: assembly programming

yes it is used.
Getting books related to microprossesor design and programming will help you developing a good understanding about assembly language.
Search for this book "designing embedded systems with PIC microcontrollers principles and applications, by Tim Wilmshurst" good refrence for beginners I guess.

good luck,
Abeer

yes it is used.
Getting books related to microprossesor design and programming will help you developing a good understanding about assembly language.
Search for this book "designing embedded systems with PIC microcontrollers principles and applications, by Tim Wilmshurst" good refrence for beginners I guess.

good luck,
Abeer

Thanks abeer for your reply...

but isnt microcontrolers different from processors..???

i am currently doing 8051 programing... plz sugest me approach to understand assembly!!!

Actually, assembly language differs a little from one to another processor. Semantics can be different. A set of commands may be (should be) different.
As for microcontrollers, their core is microprocessor. Roughly speaking microcontroller = microprocessor + I/O. Imagine you have a little "motherboard". That's a microcontroller. Nowadays even processors can be considered such a way (SoC).

yes it is used. it is rather easy if you concentrate on it.
for understanding microcontroller please read this book:
Microcontroller and Embedded System By Muhammad Ali Mazidi

If you are interested to learn assembly programming for 8051 read the book written by MAZIDI.Its name is "8051 controller & embedded s/m".It is a nice book where you can get idea about both 8051 & its assembly programming.

2) is it used now a days???
Why not? If it is easy to code for you in assembly than in C you can use it to program the controller...

Regards,
Jerin. :)

Hi edaboarder... may be this book can help you..

Attachments

• final_word.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 150
Reactions: gccute

gccute

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
assembly language is the most powerful programming language, but the problem is it is different for each processor or controller. if u r not going to stick with one controller family, better do your program in c language. learning assembly is not a tedious process. for 8051 refer '8051 by mazidi'.

Kindly look at this manual from atmel. This is common to all 8051.
This will help you a lot

Asimov

Attachments

• atmel-8051-manual.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: gccute

gccute

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.