Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Help me understand a PICLab 40 Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahir4awan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was looking for a programmer and find this
PIC Programmer and Experiment board projects support software winPic800,EpicWin,ProPIC18

and it confused me because it says

"This is a two-in-one PIC programmer and Experiment board for 40 pin PIC Micro devices.It easy to develop your program without insert/remove PIC micro.You just programming your code and then download to this board without any programmer .This board interface with parallel port.This board supports for PIC16F,PIC18F 40 pin devices"

First it says it is two in one PIC programmer but as you can see there is also a Parallel Port Programmer schematic is given.The development board has RS232 Port then how come both these boards connected simultaneously.

There is also a microcontroller on the development board and the site says board works without inserting/removing microcontroller.

This is so confusing can you explain me all these two boards ?

Re: PICLab 40 Programmer

The RS232 Port is for you to interface with the PIC for serial communication. The Parallel port will be used to program the PIC

John you didn't get my question.The website says,
"This is a two-in-one PIC programmer and Experiment board for 40 pin PIC Micro devices.It easy to develop your program without insert/remove PIC micro.You just programming your code and then download to this board without any programmer .This board interface with parallel port.This board supports for PIC16F,PIC18F 40 pin devices "

Please read the paragraph carefully it says it is a 2 in 1 board (development + programmer) but the confusion is, in the next line it says "It easy to develop your program without insert/remove PIC micro". How can you program a PIC without inserting it.
and then it says "You just programming your code and then download to this board without any programmer" If there is no need of programmer then why a parallel port programmer schematic is given.

It easy to developt your program without insert/remove PIC micro

Normal programming requires you to use external programmer and use a zif socket to program your PIC. It says you no need programmer as in they have a parallel programmer on board. You no need programmer. If you want to argue on that basis, it's up to you.

I am not confused with parallel port pic programer. My question was about the development board.

Is it simply a development board or it can also program PIC?

It's a development board and can program PIC of certain series

---------- Post added at 04:33 ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 ----------

If there is a programmer onboard? why cannot program a PIC?

Thanks well If you don't mind can you tell me which is the best programmer and development board which are simple and effective.

Pickit 2 is much better. and you dont need a development board for that. just ICSP and build it on breadboard. And supprts more devices

Status
Not open for further replies.