Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me to understand text short pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

serah99

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently see a "text_net:text_short " error like below:

Structure NetId Used Text layerNo dtype (position x, y) TextOn TextFrom
Text layerNo dtype (position x, y) TextOn TextFrom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
<cell_name> net1 * VSS 1 0 (xx1, yy1) metal9 LAYER
VDD 2 0 (xx2, yy2) metal3 LAYER
VDD 2 0 (xx3, yy3) metal3 LAYER

somewhere I read about " text short" is "A text short is detected when there are two or more different texts applied to
the same electrically connected net." So the above message means on that net1, 3 text label (1 VSS , & 2 VDD) were added on the listed location. But the question is how does LVS knows which text to use to label the polygon? is there an attribute other than text layer to indicated which net (VSS or VDD, or other signal nets) those polygon belongs to?

I don't know if I was confused byt the "dtype" of "0" because I heard text layer suppose to have "dtype" of "2". but I don't know if this particular design has text only the same layer of drawing layer or not.

I want to find way to know where things went wrong exactly

thanks
serah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back