Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to simulate INL and DNL using Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: INL,DNL measurement

vijay_nag said:
Hi friends,

I have got the INL and DNL errors of the ADC using the code density method. When i do transient simulation for this method no codes are missing. But when i do DC analysis of the design by sweeping the input voltage i find that there are a lot of missing codes. What does this indicate? Does it mean that the code density method is giving wrong results? Can anyone please explain me this discrepency.

Regards,
Vijay

Sorry for my knowledge was exhausted. I don't know what it is "the code density method" you suggested.

and I don't know how do you set up your environment for transient INL/DNL measurement and DC INL/DNL measurement.

If you tell me how did you set up your environment to measure INL/DNL,

I may help you.

Regards,

Thanks vijay..

020170 said:
vijay_nag said:
Hi friends,

I have got the INL and DNL errors of the ADC using the code density method. When i do transient simulation for this method no codes are missing. But when i do DC analysis of the design by sweeping the input voltage i find that there are a lot of missing codes. What does this indicate? Does it mean that the code density method is giving wrong results? Can anyone please explain me this discrepency.

Regards,
Vijay

Sorry for my knowledge was exhausted. I don't know what it is "the code density method" you suggested.

and I don't know how do you set up your environment for transient INL/DNL measurement and DC INL/DNL measurement.

I may help you.

Regards,

Hi 020170,

In code density (histogram) method we apply a slow varying ramp signal at the input of the ADC. We sample the stair output of the ADC. The sample on the codes are known as code hits. Now the average code hit is found and using this we calculate the code width of each code in terms of LSBs. Now from this DNL for each code can be found by by substracting 1 (nominal DNL) from the width of each code. INL is the running sum of DNL. There is a document i am attaching where this method is explained.

Get book here, read chapter 12:

/Cl
Regards,
Vijay

hi vijay..plz mail me pdf regarding inl calculation..i am not having enough points to download..plz farward to this id: venkat.sanam@gmail.com

vijay_nag said:
020170 said:
vijay_nag said:
Hi friends,

Regards,
Vijay

I may help you.

Regards,

Hi 020170,

In code density (histogram) method we apply a slow varying ramp signal at the input of the ADC. We sample the stair output of the ADC. The sample on the codes are known as code hits. Now the average code hit is found and using this we calculate the code width of each code in terms of LSBs. Now from this DNL for each code can be found by by substracting 1 (nominal DNL) from the width of each code. INL is the running sum of DNL. There is a document i am attaching where this method is explained.

Regards,
Vijay

I read your link pdf file

Wolud you tell me what is the name of the book you linked ?

thanks for the link file

020170 said:
I read your link pdf file

Wolud you tell me what is the name of the book you linked ?

thanks for the link file

Hi 020170,

This is a chapter from the book "An Introduction to Mixed Signal IC Test and Measurement" by Mark Burns and Gordon W Roberts. It is already uploaded in the board. The link is

Regards,
Vijay

Status
Not open for further replies.