Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to interface the pic16f877 with usb port

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerkonsole

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
can any body help me to interface the pic16f877 with usb port :?:

Re: help

The quickest route is to interface an FT232BM from ftdichip.com to the chip's serial port. This will enable the microcontroller to communicate with PCs and other USB hosts. It won't enable the microcontroller to access USB peripherals
i think its not posiible to have direct interface of usb with the pic

Hi,

One way to do this is to use a USB to UART converter chip. I know the PDIUSB (TI), TUSB (Phillips) and FT232 (FTDI) series. All those chips manages the USB connection and they send and receive data to/from the microcontroller serially (asynchronous).

All those chips come with extensive documentation and reference design.

Good luck,

CyBeRbLaK

stalemate said:
The quickest route is to interface an FT232BM from ftdichip.com to the chip's serial port. This will enable the microcontroller to communicate with PCs and other USB hosts. It won't enable the microcontroller to access USB peripherals
i think its not posiible to have direct interface of usb with the pic
It really depends on what you mean by "direct interface". If you are implying using a microcontroller to generate usb signals, google for IgorPlug. Otherwise, if you are implying using a dedicated usb node controller, you can use any of those that cyberblak listed. I would just like to add National's usbn9603/4 to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.