Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me to deisgn Contact/via resistance for power mos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am facing problem to design low contact/via resistance fro abt 85 mAmp current through the power fet

Tipically, contact/via measures are fixed. You must search contact conductancy value, inside its process parameters. You must distribute the current consumption among a given number of contacts, according with read conductancy per contact.

I high current application(or power MOS FET ). I aften let the MOS layout by finger type.and fill COs and VIAs in drain and source side. this can reduce the contact resistance .
The metal layer and uniform turn on is another important factor of high current MOS layout.

Hi,

Don't forget to contact well the gate of your big mos! How do you plan to do that? Unit cell? 1 finger, 2 fingers? How many metal layers do you have? Connection to the pad to be think before starting your layout? Guardring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back