Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to build my system...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elchula

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
And i also find some documents which guide to build a large LCD (or monitor) merged by some specified small LCDs (or monitors). This large LCD has a task is : it displays all information of some specified small LCDs (as when I use only a small LCD or monitor). There has a division all signal to all small LCDs to when I merge into a large LCD, all information will display on the large LCD...

I think my system will build by FPGA, DSP...but I haven't enough information to do this.

Can you help me some ideas, some documents and kind of small LCDs to build this system...?

Hi,
What an interesting project idea. But it is really pricy and needs a LOT of work.

First of all, you have to specify WHAT you want to interface to? A computer? A TV? SVIDEO?

In any case, you need one or more A/D converters with the speed between 5MHz to up to 120MHz (for SVGA).

Then you need a LOT of memory on the front side, you need to store the data into different memory banks and have a memory with enough bandwidth to store the information at the same time you are accessing it to read. The size of your memory depends on your system and the speed of you ADC(s).

Then you can do the split up in steps, first, you can just show the pixes without any manipulations, and build your system as a modulera design that controlls each section of your virtual display independently. when you have made that one working, you have to work on smoothing the pixels and make the immage more clear.

I have not come across any document/book or articles about this and would like to see if anyone has any source of information other than my own crazy mind :)

Best Regards,
/Farhad

I don't know how to use type of small LCDs or monitor to build a large LCD or monitor....Help me!. Thanx.

elchula said:
I don't know how to use type of small LCDs or monitor to build a large LCD or monitor....Help me!. Thanx.
OK,
First of all, what are your LCDs? What is the format? Parallell or serial?

then what is the source of information for your "large LCD"? A PC with VGA output? A TV? VCR? DVD? or a Digital video interface?

you need to be more clear than this, if you give more information, you may get help, What is this project for? schoold project? Commersial one? or what?

BR,
/Farhad

Ok, I use parallel formation for my project, and signal will be posted by PC with VGA (with a Digital video interface).

I have never used DVI, but what you need is to identify your max resolution of the incomming information, then the max resolution of your LCDs, and calculate how much memory do you need to store the information (the refresh rate of the VGA output maybe different than the one of your LCDs).

On the incomming side, you need to create a splitter. A type of logic than received the data, and stores it into different section of the memoery (or even different memory chips) for each LCD.

You may need to have double port memory for this, or you can have a double/triple buffer for the information.

On the transmit side, you need to create a timing interface for your LCD, read the data from the memory bank and send it to the LCD controller's memory. You also need to have an interface to a master controller for the register interface of each unit.

I would go for a modular aproach, it would be more expensive, but at the end it will be much easier to design. And use high speed serial interface between the modules and the controlling unit. but this is my hobyist type of thinking, for commersial aproach, you may need to think about the deisng/production cost and find a good middle in between the 2.

BR,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back