Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me start learning DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HOW I CAN START DSP

Found a book from this forum, and try www.octave.org, an open source MATLAB clone.

Start by refresing your math. Think of interesting project to work with. Get yourself a DSP kit.

JaaC

HOW I CAN START DSP

I am a beginner studying DSP, I want to know how to start or what I can understand?
now, I am designing a lab-board ,but I don't know what my board should have?
can you give me some advice?

Jackwang said:
I am a beginner studying DSP, I want to know how to start or what I can understand?
now, I am designing a lab-board ,but I don't know what my board should have?
can you give me some advice?

What are your interests? For general purpose, audio/speech processing is a good starting point. Build a board with a DSP chip, the simplest the chip, the better. ADSP-218x is a nice example. Add a 16 bit audio codec. It would be nice if you can reprogramm your DSP easily, so flash memory of other sort of boot up method is recommended. In our ADSP-218xN DSPKit we implement IDMA for DSP programming and readback, so the Dsp can be reprogrammed over and over again, easily and quickly. Thats a nice feature for experimenting, since you'd want to change the programm being ran by the DSP rather frequently. Some LEDs for flagging and some pushbuttons for interaction are fine. Also interesting would be to bring the important signals of the DSP out to expansion connectors, for playin around with external circuitry.

Hope this helps,

JaaC

I think that "Undrestanding DSP-RG Lions " is much better than Smith's book. It has a lot of pictures and it's easy to understand.

HOW I CAN START DSP

Hello amibody can help

h**p://www.engin.umd.umich.edu/~sawad/umd_courses/ece480/

this link is asking some userid and its password plz give it to me if u have it.
thanks
rameshs

HOW I CAN START DSP

Is there some good books about DSP?
I/m a newer too.

Follow this steps...

1 .If you r very new (know nothing ) of dsp go to www.dspguide.com and download book for free ..try to learn chapters upto 22 (filter design) non -stop.skip what you can't understand.
read two three times the book............just joking

2 .Next when you r little bit familier with dsp bye book LYONS understanding dsp.
This is really good book for begnieers ...

3 go for some advanced books...at this stage you will be able to choose some advanced books

4.. inform me .....

it's really helpfull for me..
does any one have a book audio watermarking ??

HOW I CAN START DSP

What i did before when my thesis was about that subject was to incorporate the psychoacoustic analysis of mpeg audio layer 3, and search google for other researches about psycoaoustic analysis and masking.

Understanding_Digital_Signal_Processing__Lyons

dspguide.com

B. P. Lathi, Signal Processing and Linear Systems, Berkeley-Cambridge, 1998.pdf

Sanjit k Mitra

are few of DSP knowledgebases

Hi,
If you want to learn DSP from the scratch then go through Proakis and Manolakis.
For DSP you should also have good knowledge of Laplace transform, Fourier Transform, Z transform.

For getting more clear picture of the theory you can always use MATLAB for simulation some small systems. It always helps.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back