Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me start designing a pulse switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.z

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, first post, probably in the wrong place but this seemed the best place..

what i actually want is this (but its in the states and i'm in the uk, it'd turn out very expensive to ship it over, a total of $40 probably)

https://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Autoswitch-p-16948.html

But it strikes me it must be pretty straightforward to make one

I takes a 1second pulse from a 12-14v source and this switches on the output to fog lights for example.. a shorter pulse switches it off.. but a constant input has no effect

(so useing the high beam you can switch on/off a device but unless you use a quick/slow pulse it does nothing)

Any ideas? could anyone help with a basic circuit design and ideas of the sort of components needed?

Thanks for reading

Pulse switch?

Hi man,
You can interrupts of Microcontroller like PIC 16F84 (5 $ ii think). In rising edge of the pulse Timer is started.
If fall edge cams before 1 second switch,
if fall edge comes between (1-s) and (1+s) then swich off where s is the marge of sensibility that you can chose.

Hope it help
Don't forget to push the helped me button.

mr.z

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Pulse switch?

Hi, thanks for the reply

I'm afraid I'm not massively experienced with electronics although i just about grasp what your saying.

How would it look? or which pins should i have connected to what?

I'm aiming for something as small and as cheap as possible that can be sealed in resin or similar

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back