Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve the error in the code!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brahma

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is the problem?

BEGIN
process
begin
if s1 ='0' and s2 ='0' then
q1: ask port map(x1,y1,c1); ( i get error)
else if s1 ='0' and s2 ='1' then
q2: askdemod port map(x,y,c); ( error)
end if;
end process;

in this code i get error.
"gp.vhd",line 66: Error, syntax error near 'process'.
"grouping_gp.vhd",line 59: Error, syntax error near 'port'.

i use modelsim simulator, i dont know how to solve this error can anyone help me??

Re: what is the problem?

for one, i think you syntax of else if should be elsif. Another check your port mapping syntax. Iam not sure about ask command. hope this help.

what is the problem?

It doesn't appear 'ask' is valid VHDL. You might want to post the entire module you are tyring to compile.

I don't think you can create components within a process.

If these are functions you're trying to embed, then you probably need to put the functions in a package and use function calls, rather than instantiation syntax.

1. bbgil- i also tried elsif i got the same problem

2. gliss-'ask' is not a command word in VHDL i've done port mapping. 'ask' is the entity name where i've mapped to.

3. tkbits-i tried without that process command, no change, same problem exists.[/quote]

And you can't use if outside a process.

What are you trying to accomplish by instantiating within an if? Entities don't "inline".

the thing i've done is i've written two different code one for ask and another for askdemod, if the select lines s1 and s2 are 0 then ask has to be called (i.e. portmap) else askdemod has to be called. this is what i want. am i clear to u???

what is the problem?

hi, shouldn't there be a sensitivity list for the process ?

hi
why don't u try to use "generate" statement.
It works well in the process.

Added after 22 minutes:

otherwise U instantiate the components outside the process statement.Assign the signals in the process block.Use enable signal to select ur components. that will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back