Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve my problem with overheating PIC18F2550 and MAX232

Status
Not open for further replies.

rezaf

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
May I want you see my circuit and say it's problem to me?
when I turn on it's supply the PIC and MAX232 go heating and don't work correctly.
(in assembled board I used PIC18F2550 for both PIC's, to test)
Thanks.

Re: PIC circuit problem

any answer ??
Please Help Me.

Assuming J7 is really +5V and 0V the only things I see that might cause a problem are the lack of capacitors on Vusb pins and that there are lots of floating pins. The MAX232 should never run hot so I suspect a wiring problem near it.

Brian.

Very Thanks. Now with your answer, I know that in total the schematic don't have problem and go to resolve wiring problems closer.
Thanks.

PIC circuit problem

You schematic doesn't show the power and ground connections to the microcontrollers or MAX232. I think it is dangerous to rely on implied connections - are they really tere and if so what are they connected to?

Also, J7 shows +5V and -5V but the -5V is connected to ground (mentioned by betwixt). Depending on how that is really connected it could explain your heat problem.

Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.