Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve an equation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidr_karami

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
solve

hi all
please solve this

/ inf
|
| (x^(u-1))*sin(x)dx = ???
|
/ 0

bye

Re: solve

hi steve10
thank you for it / inf z^(-u) Pi
i know | -------- dz =------------
/ 0 1+z^2 2*sin((1-u)*pi/2)

but i don't infer it.
please infer it for me.

hamidr_karami said:
hi steve10
thank you for it / inf z^(-u) Pi
i know | -------- dz =------------
/ 0 1+z^2 2*sin((1-u)*pi/2)

but i don't infer it.
please infer it for me.

The above is the direct quote from your last message. Can you read it? Did you expect I could read it? Are you serious about your question, or are you just fooling around here?

In any case, I'll still make a guess and try to answer it now, but not later.

Try to calculate Integrate[z^(-u)/(1+z^2),{z,0,Infinity}]? There are a couple ways to resolve this integral. One of them is through infinte product of sin[x]. The process is quite long and, therfore, we'll forget it. The easiest way (to me) would be using the Residue Theorem. Here are the steps:

1. Set f(z)= z^(-u)/(1+z^2) (notice that, -1<u<1) and treat it as a function in the complex plan;
2. The two branches of f(z) are 0 and Infinity. Make a cut to connect these two points through the positive real axis;
3. Notice that there are two poles of f(z), -i and i;
4. Make a contour which consists of four pieces: A big circle of radius M centered at the z=0, a small circle of radius m centered at z=0, two straight lines along the positive real axis with arg = 0 and 2*Pi respectively and with the radii from m to M. Later you need to let M->Infinity and m->0.

The rest only involves some algebraic operations. Good luck.

Hi Steve excuse me
And thank you for it.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back