Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me solve a PIC16877/PIC16F84 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihsanuk

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends
kindly solve this for me
i will be thankful for this . who solve this i will send him/her .
Ebooks of many good topics like VHDL /Microcontroller / Embeeded systems.

regard ihsan

1. Based on a PIC 16F84 using comparators devices to indicate the high and low limits to the PIC16f84 using PIC assembly.
2. A second design based on the PIC 16C877 using the integrated A/D Converter to measure the resistance and using the PIC C language.

The design based on the use of comparators is to be developed and simulated using the MPLAB IDE only, making use of a Stimulus files to simulate inputs.

The design based on the use of the A/D Converter is to be developed to execute on the PIC Micro board using the available Port I/O.

One way to measure resistance is to use a constant current generator to force a known current through the resistor and hence measure the voltage across the resistor to obtain the current value. The 16C877 based design can, of course make use of it’s A/D Converter. However, the 16F84 based design will need to use external circuits to compare the voltage across the resistor to pre-determined high and low limit values, then present the result to the PIC as digital inputs. Assume resistors to be test are in the range 1Kohm to 4700ohms.

Figure 1 illustrates the whole system.

The resistors to be measured are incorporated in a Bandoleer that is mounted onto the drum of the tester by the user.

The drum is rotated by a stepper motor so as to move each resistor under the test probes. The stepper motor is rotated by the PIC by providing a four bit sequence to the stepper motors controller chip using the ABCD outputs from the PIC.

ABCD The Stepper motor sequence (four steps).
1 0 0 1 state s0
1 1 0 0 state s1
0 1 1 0 state s2
0 0 1 1 state s3

This sequence can be repeated to rotate the stepper motor (i.e., s0,s1,s2,s3,s0,s1,s2,s3…).

Once the first resistor has been set up to lie under the test probes by the user, a five state sequence will move the next resistor to be tested under the test probes.

The tester can be started by pressing the start switch, and stopped by pressing the stop switch. When stopped, the start switch can be used to re-start the tester again so as to continue testing.

When the tester is first started, if the first five resistors that are tested are found to be outside the ±5% limit a warning LED indicator is to be turned on to indicate that the bandoleer may contain the wrong resistors. Otherwise all 100 resistors are to be tested, and a count of all resistors that fail the test kept. There is an ink jet solenoid to squirt an ink mark onto all faulty resistors for identification purposes.

The C based tester is to make use of the LCD display to indicate "Tester Ready", "Testing in Progress", "Tester Stopped", and "Resistors Failed is" followed by the number of failed resistors.

Figure 1 illustrates the system using a digital comparator.

Status
Not open for further replies.