Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me slow down a 3V motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tash_h1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i'm designing a bubble machine, and need to slow down a 3v motor, and not sure on what resistors to use. I need to slow it down enough so it rotates a wand and dips into a bubble machine and that bubble then gets blown out using a fan. The motor runs at 5,240rpms, i need to decrease that by alot! The motor will run from AA batteries.

Thanks to any one who can even give me the slightest help.

BUBBLE MACHINE

what is your target RPM? I'd guess 20-40 RPM I'm not sure you could slow down a motor that much just with electronics.

You probably should get a gear head motor (or buy one of those Tamiya gear kits).

for controlling speed in a single direction, google for "PWM speed controller". Lots of possiblities.

BUBBLE MACHINE

Use reduction gear and to reduce the speed and increase the power or use any voltage regulator ic to regulate the voltage to get required RPM.

Re: BUBBLE MACHINE

Cheers, thats helped alot. I was also told by a friend to put a 100Ω resistor in also. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back