Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] help me SIM300S - Cannot Receive Call??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkt1827

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Sorry my English is very bad.

When i put SIMCard to SIM300s Module Hypert Termianl show
Code:
[B]Call Ready
OK[/B]

OK
at+csq
+CSQ: 99,99

at+cpin?
+CPIN: READY

OK

at+creg?
+CREG: 0,0

OK

at+cscs?
+CSCS: "IRA"

OK

[B]atd+848123456
NO DIALTONE
[/B]

Why my SIM return NO DIAL TONE?

Does i need what command to register my Modem to network? What i have to do now?

Thank!

Last edited:

See if when AT does it respond as OK then give ATE0 and see if it gives ok

Mainly see at+CPIN?
it should not give error

see if your SIM card has any security password... if yes then disable it

Thank for your Reply.

i have try

at+cpin?
+CPIN: READY

My simcard has no password. I try another simcard is it same issue.

try to dial from modem using ATD command... but do you hear the ring fon your mobile , when you make call or you get some announcement from operator..

If you hear the ring on mobile then hyperterminal will print ring .... ring... for every ring it gets....

try to do this and let me know the result

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

check AT+CSQ?

see output is not 99,99
it can be any value but not 99

if it is 99 then there is no signal received by modem....

what antenna are you using for modem

try to dial from modem using ATD command... but do you hear the ring fon your mobile , when you make call or you get some announcement from operator..

If you hear the ring on mobile then hyperterminal will print ring .... ring... for every ring it gets....

try to do this and let me know the result

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

check AT+CSQ?

see output is not 99,99
it can be any value but not 99

if it is 99 then there is no signal received by modem....

what antenna are you using for modem

Thank you very much.

this is my anten. i don't know its spec

**broken link removed**

i have check Anten it is OK.

I try another SIM300S module. But it still NO DIALTONE

Code:
ati
SIMCOM_Ltd
SIMCOM_SIM300S
Revision:P1604B01SIM300S32_SST34HF_LINKTOP_VNPT

OK

Call Ready
at+csq
+CSQ: 22,0

OK
atd0975905660
NO DIALTONE

My SIM300 is

SIM300S_V6.02(070614)
P1604B01SIM300S32_SST34HF_LINKTOP_VNPT

And i search found on forum a firmware for SIM300

1604B10SIM300M32_SST34HF3284.mot

when i flash it to my SIM300 with SIMCOM FlashTool. and Test

Code:
AT+CSQ
+CSQ:99,99

Is it wrong firmware?

firmware is not wrong... it means that your modem is not getting any signal from the tower///

move the setup near to open window and try...

until you get the signal as some numeric value other than 99,99 it will not work

I test i at my home. Signal very good.

but i think my SIM module be lock network.

**broken link removed**

After i flash new Firmware and retest +CSQ value alway = 99,99. If don't flash new FW it only accept one simcard. i can't change to other provide network.

i think my module is lock network.

Do you have another sim300s firmware?

we cannot compare mobile phone with modem as mobile has extra circuit to boost signal and the antenna ia of high quality.... problem with antenna only....

remove the antenna and solder a wire of about 15 cms on the antenna pin... try it...

you can visit SIMCOM website to get new flash firmwares

now i know my problem. it is cause by firmware. I test orther SIM module with old firmware it is CSQ value other then 99,99. it is may be [6,0] [5,0] or [7,5]... with no Anten and [22~30,0].

But now i have some module same problem.

I have visit SIMCom Wireless Solutions Co.,Ltd but after Login only found Datasheet.

Thank!

This is reply by SIMCOM support when i request a Firmware:

Code:
Dear Thanh

This is Danielle form SIMCom,please tell me where you bought the modules?

What is your project?

Thanks for details

if reply i bought this module not SIMCOM Dealer they will not support.

Last edited:

Dear Mr. LTK1827,

i have seen your At command code above, you are not giving correct AT command for ATD.

please try ATD975905660; in this format.

you are not giving semicolon after the mobile number, plesase try & do let us know whether it solved your issue or not.

Avinash N

Dear Mr. LTK1827,

i have seen your At command code above, you are not giving correct AT command for ATD.

please try ATD975905660; in this format.

you are not giving semicolon after the mobile number, plesase try & do let us know whether it solved your issue or not.

Avinash N

i tried lots ATD command. But now problem is NODIALTONE. I check CSQ Command still has signal = ~(25,0), (30,0)

And if i flash new FW name SIM300M32 down from this forum to my module SIM300S32. CSQ command result alway = (99,99)

i tried lots ATD command. But now problem is NODIALTONE. I check CSQ Command still has signal = ~(25,0), (30,0)

And if i flash new FW name SIM300M32 down from this forum to my module SIM300S32. CSQ command result alway = (99,99)

hmmm, it seems that the GSM sim card is not getting registered to network, can you check with following commands:

Test command: "at+csq=?"
Execution command: "at+csq"

Test Command: "at+creg=?"
Read command: "at+creg?"

if you are getting "not registered" even after trying different operators sim card, then it might be the issue with sim holder or GSM module. also check the voltage levels at sim holder.
also you have Flash fw of SIMCOM gsm module, could be that it has not been flashed properly or some issue with FW.

My email lkt1827@yahoo.com

I has test AT command. i think my module is locked by FW like some cellphone. When power on SiMholdet volt all OK.

Thank you!

reflash the firmware and try....... I hope your SIM is not having security password

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

try AT+cops?

and AT+COPN? also

reflash the firmware and try....... I hope your SIM is not having security password

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

try AT+cops?

and AT+COPN? also

i don't have correct FW to flash. Can you help me find FW? I can not get support form SIMCOM because when they ask about my project but i have no project to reply.

thank ckshivaram. i will report result after contact simcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back