Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me set up a simple interconnects structure in Q3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

interconnects

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to use Q3D to simulate a simple interconnects structure, a signal line with three ground line on each side, as illustrated below.

G1 G2 G3 S G4 G5 G6

All the ground lines are the return path of the signal line, which means the sum of the return currents in the ground lines is equal to the current in the signal line.
How can I set up this structure in Q3D?

Re: question about q3d

I think I’ve solved the problem. Firstly, I grouped all ground lines by “Join in parallel”, which would connect all the sources and sinks of the ground lines separately by perfect wire and make them have the same potential. Secondly, I connected the sink of a signal line and the source of the ground net, formed in the first step, together by using “join in series”. Then, the structure may be correctly set up.

Re: question about q3d

Hi,

I have a similar question and hope you can help me.
I want to extract RLGC parasitics for 4 signal lines arranged as 2x2 matrix say
s1 s2
s3 s4

This is what I have done:

1. Identify these 4 signals are nets.
2. For each of these nets (signal wires/conductors), assign source to one end of the conductor and a sink to the other end.
3. These 4 conductors are embedded in a silicon substrate (box embedding these conductors) under which a copper ground plane (box made of copper) is drawn.

Since Q3D assumes all the conductors other than those that are defined as nets, I am assuming this structure is a good enough for extracting RLGC parasitics for a 2x2 array of signal wires.

Please let me know your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back