Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me program LPC2368 chip for GPS tracking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllunlu

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends
I am new about ARM microcontroller.I have used another microcontroller(PIC,8051) before.And There are 8 bit microcontroller.
I am student.And my project is GPS-tracking system.I have realized before telit ez-10 gprs-gps kit.But I wanna realize with microcontroller that is 32 bit ARM.
I have choosen convenient microchip that is LPC2368.
But I dont know how to program that microchip.I dont know anything about ARM microcontroller.
I wanna your help.
THNKS

Re: help about ARM

Don't be afraid. There are so many free compilers from GNU for the ARM LPC microcontrollers. It's just C. And it's easyest and better that PICs

nothing to panic.
I suggest you to go with LPC2129 ARM based controller as they are very simple to understand and program it in C. Interfaceing GPS is also very simple. GPS and controller communicate using serial mode of communication using UART. So take the GPS output and give it to UART TX and RX. and write a simple serial communication program.
you are done. just download the LPC2129.pdf from net and study only the basics and learn how to configure the ports and how to initialise and extract data from serial port. Its very simple

All the best.

You can and you will do it.

help about ARM

hii i need to connect some microcontrollers with my pc. i want to connect with bluetooth. plz suggest what i have to do

You can use WT12 module from Bluegiga. It works very good. It uses serial ports to comunicate.

Hi
First of all u need start with a IDE,for example u can start with keil uvision3 Evaluation version with real view compiler for writting and simulating ur program. evaluation version is free but with code size limitation,Programs that generate more than 16K Bytes of code and data will not compile, assemble, or link. For downloading hex file in controller u can use H-JTAG server software and wiggler hardware.if u have not worked on 32 bit processors earlier and u have a limited time for ur project .
i would recommend a low end arm based processor ,u may check LPC 210x,(x =1,2,3)
Shakeel

Status
Not open for further replies.