Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me out with vibrator motor circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronydc

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VIBRATOR PROBLEM

DEAR FRIENDS,

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME SUGGESTING THE CIRCUIT FOR FOLLOWING IMAGE..?

can the vibrations be varied in steps some how..?

please advise and help.

rony.

here is the image.
[/img]

VIBRATOR PROBLEM

Please clarify your question. Which parameter are you trying to control, or trying to measure?

Re: VIBRATOR PROBLEM

Use a square wave generator to drive the coil, if deflection is insufficient, use an amplifier. Cause it's a resonant construction, generator should be tuned to resonance frequency for maximum deflection. A single MOS or bipolar transistor with a freewheel diode could be an appropriate amplifier. As no permanent magnet is shown in the drawing, the drive current should be unipolar.

Details may depend on a lot of parameters yet disclosed.

VIBRATOR PROBLEM

dear FvM,

Yes u enlighten my mind.
how if i use the normal electronic FAN regulator circuit for this..?
i think its based on BT136.

as we will change the knob for the fan speed, the jitter of the prob will very.
is it correct.?

the coil is still unknown to me. it may be a 12vAC// 15V. A.C // MAX 35V A.C coil. in that case what to do...?

{ACTUALLY THIS THING IS USED for the diabitic patients weather thay have loss of sensation in their feet.
the prob is touched to the various points and measured the patients reaction.}

please advise.

RONY.

Hello,

you mean a fan regulator operated from AC mains power? But then a transformer must be used to decrease the voltage?

The first thing you should know is a rough estimation of possible operating frequency. My basic idea was, the instrument should be operated at it's resonance frequeny, but that isn't necessarily, it can work also at other frequencies with lower amplitude. For evaluation, i would be best to have a frequency variable generator. I have no idea if you can get one.

If the instrument is designed to operate at mains frequency of 50 or 60 Hz with no variable frequency option, this would be most simple. For a first test, you could connect a door bell transformer with 6 or 8 V AC output. If the device has no built-in permanent magnet, it would operate at the doubled mains frequency then, 100 or 120 Hz. If this frequency is too high, a half-wave rectifier (a single diode with sufficient current capacity) could be used to operate it at mains fundamental frequency.

The other point is´variable amplitude. The way you describe the application, low vibration amplitude respectively deflection could be necessary, also a calibrated adjust. A fan regulator may be somwhat too rough. But this can be decided if the operating frequency and the needed voltage range has been evaluated.

Regards,
Frank

VIBRATOR PROBLEM

yeah FvM,

NOW I WILL START working on it and tim to time i wil tel u the progress.

thanks dear.
i think we are of same wavelength.

thanks,
RONY.

Hi,
Just another thought, cann't you use vibrator motor used in cellphones, they are small elegant low voltage DC motors, which can easily be controlled by a potentiometer/transistor and has no shock hazards?
Regards,
Laktronics

VIBRATOR PROBLEM

yes iss good to use but not for my purpose --> checking patients in their foot with some vibrating prob. i mean we cant expect tht much strangth from tht motor to get tht vibrations tht a patient can feel and tht results can be recorded for medical authenticity.

apart from above, yours is a nice idea any way.

RONY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back