Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronic Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Register Log in

HELP me on ARM programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

zetd

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ALL,

I have various question regarding ARM programming

* There is ARM is a HARVARD architecture, i mean the code and data had separate BUS?

* I have freescale IMX21 chip, its an ARM with lots of peripheral, i want to begin to experiment on it, say i just build simple blink led, and serial stuff, i connected flash and SDRAM on that chip, it is just simple like that way? i mean how to programming the flash (uploading my code)

*i hear some issue, run on RAM and run on ROM, can anybody assist me, i need fully working reference project to build an ARM project with external flash memory and SDRAM.

thanks

dilan2005

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
as i remembered there are some sample projects(led blinking/using UART) on freescale site. which are codewarrier projects.

first go through the those sample projects. project contains some hardwares setting before run your code . use those code as the template and develop your code.

using habtool you will able to download your program to the board. (if u r using mx21 ads board)

there different coding depend on whether your pro run on the ram or on the flash. burning Ram program on the flash wont work.

GOOD LUCK! :D

Rgds
dilan

svicent

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The ARM7TDMI has a von Neumann architecture. The new ARM Cortex-M3 has a Harvard architecture, it has a separate instruction bus and data bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor