Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me make a remote dog whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbunker

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wish to use a dog repeller like link below:

https://www.tbotech.com/dogchaser.htm

But would like to covert it to be remotely activated. The intention is to attach to a dogs collar to try prevent it from chasing sheep/cats etc.

Is there a way of coverting a commercial unit like this to remote operation OR any ideas for home made device.

I do not know much at all about circuitry but willing to try if schematic is in easy to understand terms.

Thanks, Paul

Re: Remote dog whistle

There are a lot of cheap radio controlled toys (cars or others). What thay basically do is they just activate power at the other end.
You may try to use one of these systems to radio-activate your dog's collar device ..

Re: Remote dog whistle

Hi,

If you like twiking about, then take a simple dog wisle and see with a scope what the frequancy is. Then find ultrasonic speaker ( from an old remote or from a supplier ) that can prosuce the same requeancy as the wisle. Then you can buy off the shelf a remote door bell for you home that uses RF and use that to attached the speaker to the dog. Its the fastes way that i can think that you can build it and use it...
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back