Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me make a cheap digital AC to DC voltmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Digital AC voltmeter

Converting AC to DC and measuring AC are two different things, could you please elaborate a little bit more on what you are trying to do?

hi
yes its possible to make cheep dv meter
but you must use micro controller
2 year ago i make 2 dv meter input and out put use only one chip for AVC automatic stabilizer i have this hard ware and software (code file ) any one interested please contact my e mail (malik3pk@hotmail.com)
note : rember to that is not hobby project its commercial item under stand

If you don't need to follow isolation regulations, pls try full bridge rectifier + LC filter + DC/DC. It should be cheaper than AC/DC with transformer.

hi all
problem is,
if i get dc value by using any even precies rectifier, that gives true RMS value. which is not actual.
it varies.
i used ad736jn.
wen i give ac in it gives dc out but wen i give for example 100mv ac, it gives 100mv dc but at same time, wen i give 10 mv ac, it doesnt give 10mv dc. it gives around 12 or 15 mv dc.
how can i handle this?

There are several factors covered on pages 10-14 of the data sheet that can affect linearity. Can you show your schematic or at least list your component values for your averaging, coupling and filtering capacitors? What waveform and frequencies are you measuring?

https://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD736.pdf

If you measure an AC voltage source with a voltmeter set to dc mode, it's generally going to measure the DC offset voltage of your waveform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back